My mom came up with this corn recipe years ago. Since then, I often politely beg her to make it for me. This recipe didn’t really have a name, so I would just say, “Mom, can you make me ‘the corn thing?'” Fortunately, she always says yes without hesitation. Today, she suggested I get my butt in the kitchen and make it with her. Fortunately, I said yes without hesitation. So, we spent this afternoon cookin’ up some color. Oh, and we finally came up with a name for this name-deserving recipe: Confetti Corn!
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil -or- olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 shucked ears of corn -or- 2 cans of sweet corn
- 2-3 zucchinis, sliced
- 3/4 cup Roasted Sweet Peppers ((recipe below))
- 2 tomatoes diced -or- 1 can stewed tomatoes
Roasted Sweet Peppers
- 1 bag mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed/olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Small pinch of salt
- Small pinch of red pepper flakes
- Tiny pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk oil, honey, and seasonings in a bowl, then stir in sliced peppers to coat.
- Lay peppers on a lined baking sheet, then place in oven until tender.
- Adjust stove to medium-high heat and saute onions with oil in a large pan for 1-2 minutes, then add zucchini.
- Saute the zucchini and onion until softened and nearly translucent.
- Then, add tomatoes, corn and roasted sweet peppers until combined and heated throughout.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve as a colorfully tasty side dish or add in your choice of protein before doing so. Brightening up a cheesy quesadilla with this delicious Confetti Corn is a great serving option, too!
***Side Note: Cooking with love provides food for the soul.***