Want to glow from the inside out? Green juices can make that happen, one slurp at a time. Whenever I drink green smoothies or juices, I feel energized and refreshed. Some people drink them daily, some think of them as a way to detox, and some people don’t think of them at all. Wherever you are on that Rhicter scale, just know that green juices work wonders.
So now the question is how? If you have a juicer, then all you do is put the fruits and veggies right on through it. If you don’t have a juicer, don’t close out of this blog post just yet-it’s still doable!
***See note below for recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 3 apples, cored
- 2 pears, cored
- 6 rainbow chard leaves or other leafy greens
- 2 cucumbers
- ½ lemon, peeled
- 2 stalks celery (optional)
- 6 ice cubes, for serving
- Rinse and chop all ingredients
- In this order, process chard leaves, cucumber, lemon, pears, apples, then celery (if using) through a juicer according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Pour the juice into two glasses with ice, if desired, then serve immediately
*** If you do not have a juicer, place ingredients in a blender using about ¼ cup of liquid of choice to blend until smooth. Then, place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the juice over. Discard pulp, then serve juice.
Ready, Set, Rejuvenate! Actually, Re-JUICE-inate! 🙂